lxml now a setuptools "extra"
Malthe Borch
2008-08-13 07:54:13 UTC
To the best of my knowledge extras are generally named after an optional
feature, not an implementation details. May I suggest to rename that extra
'genshi' instead of 'lxml'? From what I understand lxml is only necessary if
you want genshi support.
Since by now, the ElementTree-implementation is quite strong, I think
it makes sense to have lxml be optional. We plan to integrate an
XPath-parser (maybe PDIS-XPath) that works directly on an
ElementTree-structure.

If this works out, I think it makes sense to name the option "lxml".

\malthe